Lesson Idea – Do I know what you know?
Use Quizling to check your students’ knowledge before starting a unit of work.
Students bring knowledge, experiences and sometimes misinformation into our lessons!
Great teachers understand that knowing what your students know before you start – saves time, leads to higher engagement and better outcomes.
Quizling co-founder Damien Trask re-wrote a unit on Australians at War when he realised his class knew enormous amounts about the Australian experience of Gallipoli; and huge amounts about the Nazis – but had conflated their understanding to believe the Nazis were at Gallipoli!
Quizling makes this fun!
Upper Primary; Middle School; High School; College
Steps 1, 2, 3
– Create a 10 question Quizling highlighting key points of the unit
– Play Quizling – individually on 1-1 devices or using the Quizling Answer Sheets
– See a snapshot of learning on the Quizling Group Portal!
- Teacher created quiz on Quizling.
- 1 device plugged into smartboard or project OR individual devices.
Aims and Outcomes
- Check student understanding of key events, dates, individuals and elements of a unit.
- See what students know, misunderstand, or what gaps in their knowledge need to be addressed.
- Create a unit that best addresses students needs and knowledge gaps – everyone’s a winner!